Car Accident Attorneys in Denver, Colorado
The Colorado State Patrol estimates that between 1,500 and 2,500 accidents happen throughout the state every single month. These range in severity: some are minor collisions, whereas others are fatal crashes. Learn more about the Denver, Colorado car accident problem.
Many accident victims are injured or even killed due to another’s negligence, such as distracted driving, reckless driving, or drunk driving.
After an accident, it is important to contact an experienced Denver car accident lawyer as soon as possible. The at-fault party’s insurance company may not make an offer that adequately covers all of your damages. However, a lawyer can help hold the at-fault party accountable and ensure that you receive the funds you need to take care of your expenses.
In Colorado, there is a three-year deadline to file a lawsuit after a car accident in Denver, Colorado. However, if a government-owned vehicle is involved in the accident, the deadline to give notice is only 182 days.
Why Choose Denver, Colorado Car Accident Lawyer?
Denver, Colorado Auto Accident Lawyer Jennifer Donaldson understands that a Denver, Colorado motor vehicle crash accident is a stressful experience and offers a free consultation so that you may learn about your legal options and the services her firm provides.
Jennifer Donaldson has 30 years of experience in motor vehicle accident claims in Denver, Colorado. Her diverse background in various types of cases helps her provide excellent representation to her clients.
Jennifer Donaldson understands that most clients do not want to be involved in a lawsuit. She will work hard to persuade the insurance company to fairly compensate you for your injuries.
In addition, she understands that when insurance companies are not fair, legal action is the only way for accident victims to obtain compensation to alleviate the financial burden a car accident places on them.
Jennifer Donaldson is proud to represent clients throughout Colorado, including Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Lakewood, Arvada, Aurora, Thornton, Westminster, Centennial, and Littleton. She has represented accident victims Denver County, Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, Boulder County, and Adams County.
Donaldson Law, LLC provides the personalized attention and dedication of a boutique law firm.
Jennifer Donaldson has experience in a variety of motor vehicle accident claims in Denver, Colorado.
Types of Claims in Denver, Colorado
There are a variety of accident claims, including:
- High-speed crashes
- Low-speed crashes
- Rear impact crashes
- Side impact collisions
- Passenger injury accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- DUI/drunk driver accidents
- Reckless driver accidents
- Distracted driver accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Dram shop liability accidents
Examples of Negligence in Denver, Colorado
There may be multiple claims of negligence in a single accident claim. The following are common causes of accidents:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Driving while distracted;
- Driving recklessly;
- Failing to abide by traffic signals;
- Driving with road rage;
- Driving while talking on a cell phone;
- Speeding or driving too slowly; and/or
- Driving while texting.
What Should I Do After an Accident in Denver, Colorado?
There are several steps you should take to protect yourself after a motor vehicle accident.
First, be safe. Do not get out of your vehicle unless it is safe to do so. Do not move your car unless it is absolutely necessary to protect your safety and the safety of those around you, and you are physically able to do so.
Call 911 and/or the police. Ask those involved if they were injured. If someone was injured in the accident, call 911 and the police. Exchange insurance information with the other drivers.
Take pictures. Photographs of the scene of the accident, any damage to your vehicle, and any injuries you have will be helpful in your case.
Exchange insurance information. Take pictures of the other drivers’ insurance information, their driver’s licenses, and their license plates.
Seek medical attention. Some injuries are delayed and do not exhibit symptoms right away. If you start to feel pain later in the day or wake up in pain the following day, make sure you seek treatment with your primary care physician, at an urgent care center, or in the emergency room.
Speak with an experienced auto accident lawyer in Denver, Colorado. The at-fault driver will probably have an insurance company protecting his or her interests. It is important to contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. You should not give a statement to the insurance company or accept a settlement offer until you have retained a skilled Denver personal injury lawyer to protect your interests during this troubling and often life-changing time.
Compensation and Damages in a Car Accident Claim in Denver, Colorado
After an accident, you may be entitled to several different types of damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Loss of income and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering or mental anguish
- Permanent physical impairment
Should I Go to the Doctor in Denver, Colorado?
Yes, if you are experiencing any pain, you should see a doctor.
Some injuries, such as whiplash, do not show up right away. If you are injured, it is important to have your injuries documented as soon as possible.
Should I Accept the Insurance Company’s Settlement in Denver, Colorado?
If you are not done with treatment, you should not consider settling with the insurance company. Their settlement offer may not cover all of your bills, subrogation claims, or damages.
Car accident lawyers in Denver, Colorado will help you settle your claim or file a lawsuit, if necessary.
Additional Resources in Denver, Colorado
- Colorado Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles: The Department of Revenue (DMV) provides several services, such as processing driver’s licenses and vehicle registration. The DMV also provides educational tools that help drivers stay in compliance with Colorado law.
- Colorado Department of Transportation: This link provides several forms, publications, and manuals regarding traffic safety.
- Report a Traffic Accident: If you have been involved in an accident, you can report it using this website.
- Denver Open Data Catalog: Traffic Accidents: This website contains up-to-date traffic accident data for both the city and county of Denver.
- United States Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Crash Overview: The USDOT provides statistics on car accidents that occur in the United States every year.
- News stories about recent crashes: The Denver Post frequently publishes stories about motor vehicle accidents that occur throughout the state.
- News articles on car accidents: CBS Denver/Channel 4 News shares articles about recent Denver County car accidents, as well as current traffic conditions in the area.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents in Denver
How Do I Know if I Have a Claim or a Lawsuit in Denver, Colorado?
How Much is My Case Worth in Denver, Colorado?
Damages may include:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of future medical care
- Lost wages, including the loss of future earnings
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of employment benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of relationship and affection
- Loss of quality of life
- Property damage
- Any other losses related to the incident
How Long Does It Take to Resolve a Case in Denver, Colorado?
What if the Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance in Denver, Colorado?
What if the Other Driver Does Not Have Enough Insurance Coverage to Compensate Me for My Injuries and Damages?
Should I Talk to the Insurance Adjusters in Denver, Colorado?
What if Fault in My Denver, Colorado Accident is Not Clear?
Many pieces of evidence may be used to show which party was at fault. Photographs and video surveillance footage are frequently used in motor vehicle accident cases. In addition, accident reconstruction experts can study the scene of the accident, damage to the vehicles, and other factors to explain how the accident likely occurred.
Your Denver, Colorado auto accident lawyer will work hard to show how the other driver’s negligence impacted you and caused your losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Case in Denver, Colorado?
Will I Have to Go to Court in Denver, Colorado?
What Are the Different Phases of a Denver, Colorado Car Accident Case?
How Can an Auto Accident Attorney Help Me in Denver, Colorado?
Your personal injury lawyer in Denver County will also discuss the claim with opposing counsel and the insurance adjusters to work on a settlement agreement. Your focus is on recovering from your injuries and moving forward with your life.
How long do you have to file an auto accident case?
How long does it take to settle an auto accident claim?
Why do injury accident cases take so long?
What should I do immediately after a car accident?
Should I give a statement to the insurance company after a car accident?
Call Our Denver, Colorado Car Accident Lawyers at Donaldson Law, LLC For Your Free Consultation Today
Experienced Denver auto accident lawyer, Jennifer Donaldson, has years of experience in motor vehicle accident claims and is prepared to help you with your case. To schedule a free consultation with our Denver personal injury lawyer at Donaldson Law, LLC, contact us at (303)-458-5000.
- Insurance Disputes After A Colorado Vehicle Accident
- Is Colorado A No-Fault State For Car Insurance?
- How To File A Car Accident Claim In Denver
- Back Pain After A Car Accident
- Hidden Injuries After A Car Accident
- Were You In A Car Accident Without Insurance?
- Colorado Car Seat Law
- Speeding Remains a Factor in Nearly 25% of All Traffic Collisions in the U.S.
- Colorado Laws Against Distracted Driving
- What Happens if the At-Fault Driver Did Not Give Information at the Scene of a Colorado Car Accident?
- Knowing the Rules of the Road May Help Avoid an Accident in Colorado
- Insurance Disputes After a Colorado Vehicle Accident