At Donaldson Law, LLC, our personal injury attorneys in Denver know the challenges our clients face when pursuing potentially liable parties during wrongful death claims in Colorado.
Our Colorado wrongful death statute states that an individual or corporation is liable for the wrongful death of another person if the loss of life was caused by a wrongful act, negligence, or default.
For instance, if a drunk driver crashes into another vehicle, causing the death of the driver or another occupant, it may seem clear that the accident was caused by negligence.
To achieve a successful claim, the family’s representative must prove the wrongful death would not have occurred if the act, neglect, or default did not occur, which may be more difficult than they imagined – even in seemingly clear-cut cases.
We can help.
How Can Donaldson Law Help My Family Pursue a Positive Outcome During a Colorado Wrongful Death Claim?
Four elements must be true to pursue a successful wrongful death claim in Colorado.
- The death was actually and proximately caused by the negligence, default, or wrongful act of another person
- The negligence, default, or wrongful act would have entitled the individual who was injured to recover for their injuries if they did not die
- The decedent had a surviving heir or beneficiary who is eligible to seek compensation for the decedent’s death
- A monetary loss resulted from the decedent’s death
Some of the more common causes of wrongful death in Colorado may include, but are not limited to:
- Bus Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents, including Drunk Driver Accidents
- Motorcycle and ATV Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Dog Bites & Attacks
- General Negligence
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Recreational Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
Our skilled wrongful death attorneys in Denver will help secure the evidence necessary to prove each of these elements is true, including:
- Testimony from liability experts who can help prove that the negligent party was responsible for the incident which caused the person’s death
- Testimony from causation experts who can resolve disputes regarding the actual cause of death
- Testimony from experts to help uncover and explain damages, which in turn increases the likelihood of a successful result
- Testimony from experts that can help outline the evidence from the field in which the death occurred and the damages they caused our client, including:
- Medical experts
- Vocational experts
- Lifecare planners
These experts will help explain the incident, whether it was a crash, nursing home incident, or a slip and fall, to thoroughly explain why a drunk driver, a truck driver and their employer, nursing home, or another third party may be responsible for the fatality.
Contact Our Experienced Denver Wrongful Death Attorneys at Donaldson Law for a Free Case Assessment Today
If you have lost a loved one to negligence, contact our wrongful death attorneys in Denver, Colorado at Donaldson Law, LLC by calling 303-458-5000 or contact us online to schedule a free confidential consultation to discuss your case.
We will provide the legal tools and resources you need to pursue the negligent party for the best outcome available for your unique case.