At Donaldson Law, LLC, our Denver personal injury attorneys know that when our Colorado residents are hurt or lose a loved one to another person or party’s negligence, the prospect of meeting with a lawyer for the first time may be overwhelming. We understand.
We believe that knowing what to bring to your initial consultation will help allay the anxiety involved in that initial meeting. Whether you choose to partner with our law firm, or another Colorado personal injury attorney, we want you to be prepared.
The following checklist can help.
What Should I Bring to My First Meeting with a Colorado Personal Injury Lawyer?
When it comes to preparing for your initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Colorado, certain documents and records will allow us, or another attorney, to fully assess your case.
- Name and address of the hospital or medical facility where you were first taken after your injuries occurred, and the details of the ambulance company that transported you (if applicable).
- Dates you were admitted and released from the hospital.
- All healthcare information, including diagnoses, treatment records, and future medical needs.
- List of current prescription medications, medical devices, or additional treatment needs.
- Any bills you may have already received from physicians and/or hospitals.
- Any invoices or expenses associated with chiropractors and/or physical therapists.
- Health insurance coverage that was used during your medical treatment (if applicable).
- Auto insurance coverage and accident details — if your injuries were the result of a vehicle collision — along with the other driver’s information, witness statements, photos/video, or accident reports taken at the scene of the crash.
- Documentation of any lost work or income caused by the injuries, which may include days away from work, and a current paystub/W-2 that outlines your wages.
Once our Denver personal injury attorney reviews your claim during a free consultation, you are free to ask any questions about our law firm, our experiences, and our previous successes, so can make an informed decision about how your case unfolds. You do not have to commit to legal representation after your initial consultation. It is important for you to find an attorney you are comfortable with, so you can pursue the best outcome for your unique case without any pressure.
Contact our skilled personal injury lawyers in Denver at Donaldson Law, LLC by calling (720) 458-5000 or contact us online to schedule a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case. We are here to help get you through this challenging time, so you can take back control of your life.