Motorcycle Tour Accidents Attorney in Denver, Colorado
Whether it is North America’s highest paved road on Mount Evans or the scenic byway of Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado is an ideal destination for motorcyclists from around the world. There are hundreds of roads throughout the Centennial State that provide breathtaking views and fresh air for people wanting to ride motorcycles.
Several companies in the Denver area recognize the appeal of these excursions and make motorcycles available for rental. Other companies offer guided tours that can range from the casual to the extreme. While motorcycles can indeed provide a thrilling and memorable experience for people of all ages, an accident on one of these vehicles can result in catastrophic injuries that forever change the lives of victims.
Denver Motorcycle Tour Accidents Lawyer
If you suffered serious injuries or your loved one was killed during a motorcycle tour in Colorado, you should immediately seek the help of a skilled Denver personal injury attorney. Jennifer Donaldson has received the AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® because of the respect that her legal work has earned from her peers.
Donaldson Law, LLC represents clients all over Denver County as well as Boulder County, Adams County, Jefferson County, and Arapahoe County. You can receive an honest and thorough evaluation of your case when you call (303) 458-5000 to take advantage of a free, no obligation consultation.
Motorcycle Tour Companies in Denver
There are multiple companies the Denver area that rent motorcycles, and some of the businesses that offer motorcycle tours include:
- American Motorcyclist Association;
- Ball O’ String Custom Adventure Tours;
- Colorado Motorcycle Adventures;
- EagleRider Motorcycle Rental;
- Edelweiss Bike Travel;
- Elite Motorcycle Tours;
- Freedom Tours Denver;
- Go 2 Motorcycle Tours;
- Landmark Tours, LLC;
- Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Tours;
- San Juan Backcountry;
- Tour on 2, Inc.;
- Turkey Creek Motorcycle Tours; and
- Western Dual Sport Motorcycle Adventures.
Types of Motorcycle Tour Accidents in Colorado
Because of the lack of protection inherent to their vehicles, motorcyclists are far more susceptible to devastating injuries than the occupants of traditional passenger vehicles. This means that any collision or another accident has the potential to lead to prolonged hospital stays and much lengthier periods of recovery that can affect a person’s ability to return to work or take care of his or her family.
Some of the most common types of accidents that can occur on a motorcycle tour include, but are not limited to:
- Left Turn Accidents — These type of collisions occur when the driver a passenger vehicle turns left in front of an oncoming motorcycle, leaving the motorcyclist unable to stop or avoid a crash;
- Vehicle Changing Lanes — Motorists who fail to see motorcycles can collide them while changing lanes;
- Hit from Behind by Vehicle — Whether it is because a motorcycle stops suddenly or a passenger vehicle had been speeding, a rear-end collision can be especially harmful if a motorcycle is struck because the occupant will typically be thrown several feet from the bike;
- Open Door Accidents — The driver or a passenger of a passenger vehicle who fails to see an oncoming motorcycle may open the door of the car or truck and leave the motorcyclist unable to avoid a collision;
- Road Hazards — Slick roads or unexpected objects in the highway are a few items that propose much greater dangers for motorcyclists than the occupants of traditional passenger vehicles;
- Defective Parts — Motorcycles with parts that were improperly maintained or defectively designed or manufactured can cause the vehicles to malfunction;
- U-Turn Accidents — A motorist who performs a U-turn without accounting for a motorcyclist traveling in the same direction can cause a severe collision;
- Vehicles Running Red Lights — When a passenger vehicle fails to yield at an intersection, it can result in a side-impact accident that typically causes very serious injuries; or
- Drunk Drivers — As is the case with most motor vehicle accidents, a motorist operating under the influence can injure or kill innocent motorcyclists.
Denver Liability for Motorcycle Tour Accidents
Depending on the circumstances of your case, there may be multiple parties that are liable for your injuries. Some of these parties can include, but are not limited to:
- Motorcycle Equipment Manufacturers or Distributors — Faulty brakes, tires, or other parts may have been the result of negligence by the company that made or sold the defective part;
- Motorcycle Rental Companies — An establishment that rents motorcycles can be responsible if injuries were the result of failure to maintain or some other dangerous condition that should have been evident;
- Motorcycle Tour Companies — The organizers of a motorcycle tour may be liable if a person’s injuries were sustained after being taken on an unreasonably dangerous stretch of road or highway;
- Municipalities — Failure to properly maintain roads can make the state, county, city, or township liable if those conditions cause a person’s injuries; or
- Vehicle Drivers or Owners — In a collision caused by another driver, that vehicle’s driver or owner can be responsible for your injuries.
Find a Motorcycle Tour Accidents Lawyer in Denver
A motorcycle accident can cause severe injuries that lead to lifelong complications for victims. If you sustained catastrophic injuries or your loved one was killed on a Colorado motorcycle tour, let the Denver personal injury attorney Jennifer Donaldson help you get justice and hold the negligent party accountable.
Donaldson Law, LLC serves communities throughout the Denver area, such as Aurora, Littleton, Thornton, Boulder, Lakewood, Westminster, Arvada, Longmont, and Centennial. Call (303) 458-5000 or submit an online form right now to let us review your case during a free legal consultation.