Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injuries or spine injuries can cause severe mobility issues, an inability to work or maintain gainful employment and impair routine daily activities. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident that resulted in spinal cord injuries it is very important to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who will work to help you address the issues you or your loved one will be facing including a lifetime of medical care and rehabilitation expenses and permanent disability.
According to the Colorado Revised Statutes § 13-80-102, the time period an injured party can file a lawsuit against the negligent party for damages may be limited. Also known as a statute of limitations, or SOL, this time period in Colorado varies depending on the type of incident causing your injuries and may be a very short period of time. Since any claim may be time limited, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to help you receive compensation for your injuries.
Denver Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
If you or your loved one sustained any kind of injury to the spinal cord because of another party’s negligence, you will want legal assistance for help seeking full and fair compensation. The Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson helps clients in Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, Littleton, Thornton, Westminster, Longmont, Centennial, Boulder, and many other areas represents in and around the Mile High City.
Colorado personal injury attorney Jennifer Donaldson has been handling civil litigation matters for 30 years. She can evaluate your case as soon as you call (303) 458-5000 today to set up a free initial consultation.
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Colorado
Spinal cord injuries can be caused in a number of ways and can happen at any time. They often cause serious damage to the body that can result in a complete inability to function in life. Spinal cord injuries are frequently caused by the scenarios listed below.
- Commercial Truck Collisions — These types of accidents happen frequently throughout Colorado each year. Commercial trucks are highly regulated and required to abide by certain regulations. If they fail to abide by these regulations, any violation can be used as a factor to show the commercial truck company was negligent in causing your accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents — These accidents are very common and are often caused by a negligent car driver who failed to see the motorcyclist or failed to take precaution around a motorcycle. These accidents can cause extensive, life-altering injuries and damages. Therefore, in these cases, it is crucial to immediately contact an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Recreational Accidents — Accident while participating in recreational activities can often result in spinal cord injuries.
- Medical Negligence — Surgical errors during spine surgery can sometimes result in spinal cord injuries.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries in Denver
Some of the most severe forms of spinal cord injuries in Denver can involve severed nerves or nerve damage that results in paralyses, such as paraplegia or quadriplegia, in addition to limited function of the extremities or disabling pain. Other types of spinal cord injuries include:
- Fractured Vertebrae — These types of injuries can involve pain and loss of mobility as a result of a broken neck, broken back or fractured vertebrae.
- Disc Injury — These types of injuries can involve a herniated disc that presses or pinches the spinal cord and causes chronic back pain, a loss of control or paralysis.
- Aggravation of a Pre-Existing Condition — If you have a previous back or spinal cord injury and the injury is exacerbated as a result of another person’s negligence, the current injuries can result in chronic and debilitating pain and loss of function.
Treatment of spinal cord injuries can be ongoing and expensive, as costs associated with physical therapy, injections, nerve root blocks, fusion surgery, disc replacement surgery and medication can quickly add up. Many people need vocational retraining, home and vehicle modifications in order to accommodate a wheelchair, and treatment for depression or mental anguish.
Denver Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit
Since spinal cord injuries are linked to serious financial implications, a claim for personal injury is an essential factor in determining the injured party’s future quality of life. An individual who suffered a spinal cord injury will want to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after their accident.
Your personal injury lawyer will make every effort to file a claim on your behalf with the negligent party or the negligent party’s insurance provider to hold the at-fault party fully accountable for the full extent of your injuries, damages and losses. If your claim is denied or disputed by the negligent party, your attorney will pursue a negligence lawsuit for your injuries.
The Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson | Denver Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Did you or your loved one suffer any kind of spinal cord injury as the result of another party’s negligence? The Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson fights to get justice for clients in Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, Boulder County, Adams County, and Denver County.
Jennifer Donaldson is a Denver personal injury lawyer who has received the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®. Call (303) 458-5000 or submit an online form to have her review your case during a free, no obligation consultation.