A catastrophic injury is an injury that occurs suddenly and without warning, that causes detrimental damage to your life, and can permanently prevent you from returning to work, maintaining personal relationships and even completing routine activities of your daily life. If you or your loved one has sustained a catastrophic injury due to another person’s negligence, it is very important to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who will work to help you address the issues you or your loved one will be facing including a lifetime of medical care and rehabilitation expenses and permanent disability.
If you or a loved one has sustained a catastrophic injury in Denver, a personal injury attorney may be able to help you recover compensation for the following forms of damages:
- Lost wages;
- Future loss of income and/or a loss of earning capacity;
- Loss of work benefits;
- Mental anguish;
- Physical pain and suffering;
- Scarring or disfigurement;
- Permanent impairment or disability;
- Past and future medical and rehabilitation expenses; and/or
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
It is very important to contact a personal injury lawyer immediately after you have sustained a catastrophic injury throughout Denver. An individual that has sustained a catastrophic injury may be limited from bringing a lawsuit for damages after a certain period of time has passed. This time period, known as a statute of limitations, or SOL, varies depending on the type of incident causing your injuries and may be a very short period of time. It is important to immediately contact a personal injury lawyer if you have suffered a catastrophic injury.
Denver Catastrophic Injury Attorney
If you or your loved one has suffered catastrophic injuries as the result of another party’s negligence, you deserve full and fair compensation. The Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson serves multiple communities in Boulder County, Arapahoe County, Adams County, Jefferson County, and Denver County.
Colorado personal injury lawyer Jennifer Donaldson has 30 years of experience fighting to get justice for accident victims. You can receive an honest and thorough evaluation of your case during a free, no obligation consultation as soon as you call (303) 458-5000.
Colorado Catastrophic Injury Information Center
- Denver Claims for Catastrophic Injury
- Catastrophic Injury Causes in Denver
- Denver Lawsuit for Catastrophic Injuries
- Colorado Resources for Catastrophic Injuries
Denver Claims for Catastrophic Injury
Some of the most common catastrophic injuries in Denver can include, but are not limited to:
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Head injuries;
- Burn injuries;
- Herniated disc;
- Wrongful death;
- Neck injury; and/or
- Shoulder injuries.
Catastrophic Injury Causes in Denver
Catastrophic injuries can be caused in a number of ways and can happen at any time. They often cause serious damage to the body that can result in a complete inability to function in life. Catastrophic injuries are frequently caused by the scenarios listed below.
- Commercial Truck Collisions — These types of accidents happen frequently throughout Colorado each year. Commercial trucks are highly regulated and required to abide by certain regulations. If they fail to abide by these regulations, any violation can be used as a factor to show the commercial truck company was negligent in causing your accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents — These accidents are very common and are often caused by a negligent car driver who failed to see the motorcyclist or failed to take precaution around a motorcycle. These accidents can cause extensive, life-altering injuries and damages. Therefore, in these cases it is crucial to immediately contact an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Recreational Accidents — Accident while participating in recreational activities can often result in catastrophic injuries.
- Medical Negligence — These incidents can sometimes cause catastrophic and life-threatening injuries.
Denver Lawsuit for Catastrophic Injury
Since catastrophic injuries are linked to serious financial implications, a claim for personal injury is an essential factor in determining the injured party’s future quality of life. An individual who suffered catastrophic injuries will want to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after their accident.
Your personal injury lawyer will make every effort to file a claim on your behalf with the negligent party or the negligent party’s insurance provider to hold the at-fault party fully accountable for the full extent of your injuries, damages and losses. If your claim is denied or disputed by the negligent party, your attorney will pursue a negligence lawsuit for your injuries.
Colorado Resources for Catastrophic Injuries
Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado (BIAC) — The BIAC is the only statewide nonprofit organization exclusively dedicated to brain injury. This website has information for people with brain injuries, friends and family of people with brain injuries, and professionals treating those with brain injuries. You can learn more about support groups, recreation programs, and several other services.
1385 South Colorado Boulevard
Denver, CO 80222
SCI Recovery Project — This 501(c)(3) non-profit organization has a mission “to optimize the level of physical and emotional wellness for those impacted by spinal cord injury [SCI] through progressive, evidence-based adaptive exercise techniques, alternative health and wellness programs, and the cultivation of creative community partnerships.” On the organization’s website, you can learn more about programs such as adaptive exercise, open gym, and integrative therapies. You can also find video, photos, and media coverage.
866 East 78th Avenue
Denver, CO 80229
Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson | Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Denver
Did you or your loved one sustain catastrophic injuries because of the recklessness or negligence of another party? You should be aware of your options for recovering just compensation.
The Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson handles complex injury cases for clients in Arvada, Lakewood, Thornton, Littleton, Centennial, Aurora, Longmont, Westminster, Boulder, and many other communities. Denver personal injury attorney Jennifer Donaldson can review your case during a free consultation when you call (303) 458-5000 or submit an online form right now.